Re: Facebook mobile hits 150 Million per month

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com> wrote:
> Last week, at the VentureBeat MobileBeat 2010 conference, Facebook's new
> head of mobile products, Erick Tseng, spoke.
>
> Quite a lot of buzz about it [1] and [2].
>
> Might be appropriate to add a mention of the importance of mobile (and
> OpenGraph on Mobile) in the SWXG final report. As it stand currently, do we
> mention the challenges of cross platform (PC and mobile) social Web anywhere
> in the report or in the section on state of the Social Web?

I agree - there's a lot on cross-platform, but not as much as I would
like about mobile, although I was planning on putting Oslo work etc.
in emerging standards. Is there anyway you could draft a paragraph
about the rise of mobiles in social web stuff, for the "State of the
Social Web in 2010" paragraph?

Also, if there's any other particular technologies or emerging
industry standards that we should mention besides the Oslo work and
geolocation work, let's do it in the Social Web Technologies and
Standards section.