Re: State of Social Web Update

On 17 July 2010 00:05, Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 02:15:35PM -0400, Tom Morris wrote:
> > I agree with Christine.  I'm very concerned about privacy, but I also
> > recognize that the general population does not.
>
> It's not true that people are not concerned about privacy, but they
> are not sufficiently aware of the risks.

Regarding risks:

*Summary of additional findings:*

The Webroot survey uncovered that a significant number of people have fallen
prey to criminals who target social network users for attack:

   - Nearly a quarter of respondents (22.4 percent) were victims of a
   phishing attempt to steal their social network password.
   - About one in six (16 percent) reported a malware infection in the past
   year that originated from a social networking site.
   - One in nine reported at least one of their social network accounts had
   been compromised or hijacked.