Re: FOAF v vCard (was Representing vCard Objects...)

Good question, Renato.

Looking at both ontologies – FOAF is about describing both people and groups/organisations and relations between people or membership in such groups.

vCard [1] proposes concept of business card which can describe people, organisation or both. – see the definition of vc:VCard: "Resources that are vCards and the URIs that denote these vCards can also be the same URIs that denote people/orgs" – And in my opionion this is quite messy.

I hope, it answers you question abouot non–technical point of view.

Josef

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/vcard-rdf/