Re: Facebook's Open Graph Protocol

Le 28 avr. 2010 à 01:57, Toby Inkster a écrit :
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:18:04 +1000
> Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Disappointing in that they ignore the past and "reinvent" a new
>> namespace for already well established semantics....
>
> The bigger point is that
> they chose to reuse RDF rather than inventing their own proprietary
> markup.

Also, message from David Recordon on Sam Ruby's blog

   At http://intertwingly.net/blog/2010/04/21/Open-Graph-Protocol#c1271977935

   The meta tags are intentional; they come from the
   RDFa syntax spec ([link]). We’re not exactly using
   the tags as intended by the Semantic Web
   community, but think that it’s the right balance
   between developer simplicity and standards.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada