Re: Ning ToS

From: Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:49:57 +0100
To: Peter Ferne <petef@bristolwireless.net>
CC: Socialweb XG Public <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>
Looking at this (helpful) page I think that even though Ning limits the
terms of its licence just within its network, the catch all "... you
grant to Ning and all other Users a nonexclusive license to reproduce,
create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly
display such Content ..." really is too much for someone like Random
House - but I take your point. The simper version that, yes, was said
and I reported, is indeed not true as stated.

Thanks again

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/

i-sieve technologies                   |      W3C Mobile Web Initiative
Sentiment Analysis Beyond Impressions  |      www.w3.org/Mobile