Re: Social Web XG Agenda: Meeting Sept 23rd 13:00Z

Some more details for Ros Lawler's talk on Wednesday. Random House is,
as you know, a very big publisher with many different markets to reach
out to. They make extensive use of social media and Ros has provided
some examples below.

I've asked her to talk about this as most of the discussion we have in
the XG centres on individuals' needs, making connections between people,
often with multiple identities. Yet celebrity twitter users, social
network fan pages and so on are used a lot by marketeers and I believe
someone like Ros (former marketing person at, among other places, BBC
Radio 1) is very much the person to tell us about this side of the coin.

OK, some links:

Bebo: Terry Pratchett http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3936087935

Twitter: http://twitter.com/RandomDigital
          http://twitter.com/GoodPubGuide
          http://twitter.com/vintagebooks

Niche interest: http://www.coversourcing.co.uk/
                 http://www.doggysnaps.com/

Creating content for social networks:
http://www.youtube.com/BVA2009
http://www.rbooks.co.uk/product.aspx?id=1409603016

Random House community sites:
www.authorsplace.co.uk
www.readersplace.co.uk

Until Wednesday.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/

i-sieve technologies                   |      W3C Mobile Web Initiative
Sentiment Analysis Beyond Impressions  |      www.w3.org/Mobile