Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go: Statistics on people leaving Facebook?

Hi,

So far, as Harry asks in the original title of this thread (Statistics?)
nothing I have read or heard on this topic has been quantitative.

Once again METRICS are missing.

 From what I am hearing on the mobile social networking side,
communities report that membership growth is continuing as is engagement
(though measurements of engagement remain elusive).

Could it be that people are unwilling to use social network services
ONLY while parked (sedentary) in front of their PCs and that the mode of
access is migrating?

Those who are unwilling to migrate to mobile access mode are dropping
entirely. And they have more time to speak with the Wall Street Journal
or New York Times writers.

Also, I think that the content and user experience of a general purpose
(what I call "flat") community service (e.g., Facebook) makes it more
challenging to hold the member's attention in comparison with the more
focused community services (focusing on meeting a specific human need,
e.g., dating, games, finding a good place to eat or hang out, find a job
in your neighborhood).

Mobile-centric communities have, in general, tended to begin more
focused on one or a small number of specific human needs, certainly more
focused than Facebook.

--
Christine
cperey@perey.com