W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > September 2009

Agenda: Social Web XG Meeting Sept 2nd 13:00-14:00Z

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:24:24 +0100
Message-ID: <b3be92a00909010424y1635a8fbv5e81ab37d098ddf0@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
We're going to go through the rest of the use-cases tomorrow. Might be
useful to look at the results of the poll before the meeting if you
can, and determine if you (yes you!) wants to be the editor of the
use-case document. Tim Anglade's already stepped up, but I think one
more person would be ideal.

HTML: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-08-26T13:00-15:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: hhalpin
          + scribe: Hans Constandt
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
            regrets: Mischa, PeterF, DanBri
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 26th August 2009
            as a true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. Sept. 9th
    2. General Organization and Task Forces
          + Re-visit task force discussion?
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: DKA to summarize OSLO and geoLocation
            conversation in order to spread knowledge of these efforts
            among W3C members.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Mischa to describe/implement a report of
            terms and conditions, and how they change between now and
            the end of the XG.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin to have
            http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf would refer to the new
            version, there will be a 'previous version' link to the
            current one
    3. User Stories
          + Let's all [11]vote on the use-cases, merge them, and try to
            narrow them down and find editors for the documents.
          + Propose to have current "on-hold" use-caes around business
            merged in with the selected use-cases, so we try to see if
            each use-case has a business/developer/and user angle if
            possible when we edit them into the final document.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to write up the boeing use case
            for enterprise social networks
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:hhalpin to write up the social network
            data exchange story
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: tinkster to add user story along lines
            of... if you enable import of contacts from other sites,
            then it lowers the barrier to entry for new people signing
            up at your site, hence get more users, hence get more
            advertising revenue.
          + [DONE] ACTION: rreck to write up use case based on shill
            case
    4. Invited Guest Invitations
          + Let's have a strategy session for moving onto looking at
            portability and formats once the use-case document is
            done...or should we look at digital identity more first?
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri and karl to contact Evan of
            identi.ca over OpenMicroblogging and W3C.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Renato and DanBri and hhalpin to
            schedule DataPortability.org/XMPP
     ___________________________________________________
Received on Tuesday, 1 September 2009 11:25:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 1 September 2009 11:25:05 GMT