W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > October 2009

Social Web XG Telecon Wed. 21st 15:00UTC: David Recordon and Luke Shepard from Facebook and Open Web Foundation

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:19:11 +0100
Message-ID: <b3be92a00910191019i41638677l72cf817e5a874ca3@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Everyone - we have a very exciting telecon this Wednesday, with David
Recordon (of Open Web Foundation, OAuth, and OpenID meeting) and Luke
Shepard from Facebook.

Also, there's been a *lot* of ACTIONS piling up. If everyone could
take some time out of their schedule on tomorrow, Tuesday to please
finish up whatever small actions they have (most of them are simple
wiki edits, summarizing previous talks or moving things around on
use-case documents) that would be really be appreciated.

HTML: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-10-21T15:00-17:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: hhalpin
          + scribe: cperey
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 14th October
            2009 as a true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. October 28thth
    2. General Organization
          + Update on TPAC - Note that David Recordon (Facebook) and
            Kevin Marks (OpenStack advocate, BT) will be speaking at
            TPAC.
          + Update on [11]Topics for the Open Day in Santa Clara
          + Reminder to register for [12]W3C TPAC
          + Reminder to register for [13]Internet Identity Workshop
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: mischa to write up Peter's talk on XMPP
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: tinkster to summarize Evan's talk
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: DKA to summarize OSLO and geoLocation
            conversation in order to spread knowledge of these efforts
            among W3C members.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Mischa to describe/implement a report of
            terms and conditions, and how they change between now and
            the end of the XG.
          + ACTION: Adam to write up Matt Lee's talk
          + ACTION:mtuffied to put up wiki page about social networks
            deploying these technologies.
          + ACTION:hhalpin to make agenda for TPAC Tuesday
    3. Invited Guest Invitations
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: cperey to book global lockbox as an
            invited speaker
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: mtiffiel to invite BBC Persia people to
            talk about their use of social media
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: petef to look into activitystreams
            invite, maybe Chris Messina
          + A session on Google Wave?
          + Crabgrass?
    4. User Stories
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to write up the boeing use case
            for enterprise social networks
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION : rreck to flesh out anonymous usecase
            connecting to multiple identies and null provenance
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:oshani to reframe the
            geolocation/intent/portability
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to relabel data protection use
            case to be about controlled access and takedown to data
            "about" you
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to merge Family and Group
            access usecases
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin explain to henry and oshani doc
            editing process for usecases
    5. Final Report
          + How can we make the group more productive for people?
          + What do we want in final report?
          + Next steps for standardization, or continue as XG or IG, or
            stop activity?
          + Any structural changes to make W3C more friendly to the
            Social Web?
    6. Invited Speaker: David Recordon and Luke Shepard from Facebook
          + [14]David Recordon of [15]OpenWeb Foundation and now
            Facebook will present with Luke Shepard, one of the
            engineers of [16]Facebook connect on Facebook scalability,
            portability, privacy, and the Open Web Foundation

 [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2009-10-14/15:00/Next_teleconference
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-minutes.html
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Planning_for_TPAC_Open_Day
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [13] http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com/
     [14] http://www.davidrecordon.com/
     [15] http://openwebfoundation.org/
     [16] http://developers.facebook.com/connect.php
Received on Monday, 19 October 2009 17:19:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 19 October 2009 17:19:47 GMT