W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > October 2009

Agenda for Social Web XG Telecon Oct 14th 15:00Z : Matt Lee on GNU Social/daisycha.in

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:00:03 +0100
Message-ID: <b3be92a00910130300p11d14f8dsf6e9044c216874fb@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Note that Zakim should properly recognize our telecon this time, so
(cross-fingers) there should be no problem with our new time of
15:00Z. So, it's not a *one* time change - *all* future Social Web
telecons will be at 15:00Z. This week, we've got member Matt Lee, of
libre.fm (a free software alternative to services like last.fm) to
talk about how he's using social features in libre.fm, plans for the
exciting daisycha.in software, and the like.

Also, everyone - look at the agenda and try to finish your ACTIONS
ahead of time!

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-10-14T15:00-17:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: hhalpin
          + scribe: petef
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 30th September
            2009 as a true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. October 14th
    2. General Organization
          + Update on Open Day, TPAC, IIW - Note that David Recordon
            (Facebook) and Kevin Marks (OpenStack advocate, BT) will be
            speaking at TPAC, and we have invite to OpenID/OAuth Summit
            at Yahoo.
          + Update on [11]Topics for the Open Day in Santa Clara
          + Reminder to register for [12]W3C TPAC
          + Reminder to register for [13]Internet Identity Workshop
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: DKA to summarize OSLO and geoLocation
            conversation in order to spread knowledge of these efforts
            among W3C members.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:Mischa to describe/implement a report of
            terms and conditions, and how they change between now and
            the end of the XG.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: mischa to write up Peter's talk on XMPP
    3. Invited Guest Invitations
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: cperey to book global lockbox as an
            invited speaker
          + [DONE] ACTION: Harry to invite Ben Laurie from OAuth/Google
            to W3C Social Web talk
          + Note Ben of OAuth wants to know exactly what we want to
            talk about - so what do we want to know about OAuth?
          + ACTION: mtiffiel to invite BBC Persia people to talk about
            their use of social media
          + ACTION: petef to look into activitystreams invite, maybe
            Chris Messina
          + How about a session on PortableContacts, VCard 4.0, and
            FOAF?
          + A session on Google Wave?
          + Crabgrass?
          + Standardized policy languages for the Social Web?
            Provenance?
          + Let's end invited guests in December to focus on
            deliverables.
    4. User Stories
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to write up the boeing use case
            for enterprise social networks
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION : rreck to flesh out anonymous usecase
            connecting to multiple identies and null provenance
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:oshani to reframe the
            geolocation/intent/portability
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to relabel data protection use
            case to be about controlled access and takedown to data
            "about" you
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to merge Family and Group
            access usecases
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION:caribou to flesh out Data Protection
            use-case specifying user vs. purpose, cite their work in
            PrimeLife
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin explain to henry and oshani doc
            editing process for usecases
    5. Final Report
          + What do we want in final report?
          + Next steps for standardization, or continue as XG or IG, or
            stop activity?
          + Any structural changes to make W3C more friendly to the
            Social Web?
    6. Speaker: Matt Lee on GNU Social/Daisycha.in
          + [14]Matt Lee of [15]Libre.fm) and his new work on the new
            GNU social networking software, [16]daisycha.in. See his
            [17]e-mail for further details.
Received on Tuesday, 13 October 2009 10:00:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 10:00:39 GMT