OpenID and OAuth: Next steps for Social Web XG?

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:42:09 +0000
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Cc: rigo@w3.org
Since we should be dealing with XRD-S on this talk, it's obvious that
the next telecon should focus on OpenID and/or OAuth. Does anyone in
the XG want to talk about these topics in-depth? We could do a
comparison of them with SSL certificates (hint, hint Henry) and Rigo,
maybe you could give us your opinion from the latest OpenID Summit.
Also, noting that Eran has a rewritten draft of OAuth [1] and has a
blog post about OAuth 2.0 [2], some thing which this group should
definitely track and put in its final report to the W3C.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-oauth-07
[2] http://hueniverse.com/2009/11/planning-for-oauth-2-0/