RE: ACTION [CONTINUES] Provide some data on privacy and context (channeling Mor Naaman) to the wiki

Hello,

Is this merger of Privacy and Context final? Has it been approved by all
parties?

Please forgive me if it is too late to bring this up, but the problems I see
with this proposal (to merge Privacy + Context) are twofold:

1. it neglects (ignores) the (most) important element: uses (current and
future) of contextual data. Can there be another group which is focusing on
Contextual data acquisition/how this will be used for contextual marketing?

2. It also does not encompass, and nor did the original suggested task force
description, the examination of (development of framework for) context data
as a "data type." For example, was there not discussion in the workshop in
Barcelona and would we not recommend that W3C recommend ontologies for
context?

Finally, where in the XG will there be an examination of possible ways, if a
user requests/desires it, for contextual data to be accessible by multiple
community platforms or between platforms and the "holders" of the context
data (e.g., mobile operator)? Is this context and data portability?

Christine

 <mailto:cperey@perey.com> cperey@perey.com

mobile (Swiss): +41 79 436 68 69

  _____