W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > May 2009

Agenda for May 27th Social Web XG Telecon 13:00-15:00 UTC

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:43:43 +0300
Message-ID: <b3be92a00905260843m7b6c1f0dx710715923f7c3554@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-xg-socialweb@w3.org" <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>
Cc: "public-social-web-talk@w3.org" <public-social-web-talk@w3.org>
In HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html

  [1]SWXG Weekly

      [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-05-27T13:00-15:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: HarryH or DKA
          + scribe: ??
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
            regrets: Fabien, Raphael, AlexK, DanBri
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 20 May 2009 as a
            true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 3 June. scribe volunteer?
          + PROPOSED: If we keep forgetting to get scribes, to move to
            a scribing list
    2. General Organization
          + ACTION: [DONE] AlexPassant to create a [11]liasons list on
            the Wiki and list himself for SPARQL.
          + ACTION: danbri sketch a 5 line template for interaction
            with other groups (cf InvitedExperts, DiscussionTopics)
          + ACTION: karl to produce a [12]template for TF deliverables.
          + Can we get wiki pages for each of our deliverables (final
            report) etc. in charter together?
    3. Task Forces
          + Do we have confirmed leaders for Context and Privacy Task
            Force (Karl Dubost)? For Portability and Architectures Task
            Force (@@)? Has Joaquin found scoping to be better for
            portability? Can we have two leaders per task force? Do we
            have critical mass, and if so, can we get telecon times for
            them?
          + PROPOSAL: (See [13]e-mail) Use either WBS questionnaire, or
            just set them to meet one hour after (14:00 UTC) the full
            telecon at 13:00 UTC, operating bi-weekly. Therefore, the
            Social Web XG would de-facto have a two-hour weekly
            meeting, but the second hour would always be a task force.
            Would make scheduling and remembering to attend telecons
            easier
          + Do the task-forces want separate telecons? Previous
            thinking had all e-mnail traffic on a single list-serv. Is
            there a problem with e-mail traffic on list?
    4. Invited Guests
          + ACTION [DONE]: hhalpin and danbri to invite guest speakers
            and investigate their schedule. See [14]wiki
          + ACTION [CONTINUES]: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + Want to make the invited guest spots problem-specific. See
            [15]new wiki page of Discussion Topics for guests.
          + Review [16]list of invited experts and possible dates.
    5. Creating User Stories on the Wiki
          + ACTION: danbri to document throwaway IDs on Wiki
          + What kinds of stories are missing (business and developers,
            not just end-users, should be in mind)
          + ACTION: danbri write up user story about different kinds of
            "single use" openids (eg. karma)
          + ACTION: oshani to document takedowns as a user story
          + What kinds of user stories are missing (business,
            developers)? How do we transition user stories to use case
            document? Should we try to ground out in "real-world"
            use-cases that are in the news as well?
    6. Invited Guest Telecon: VCard in RDF
          + One advantage of the [17]vCard in RDF format ([18]RDF
            Schema here) is it's use of RDF containers to allow complex
            vCard expressions. Should this be kept, and if so, how?
            Which ones, rdf:bag, rdf:Alt, rdf:Seq? How about its use of
            sub-structure?
          + One advantage of the [19]vCard ontology is that it clearly
            delimits and lists all the RDF vocabulary terms for vCard
            with domains and ranges if possible into a fairly flat
            namespace. Could add back in cardinality contrainsts? What
            parts of structure from vCard in RDF can be merged with
            vCard ontology
          + The other syntactic difference is just one of
            capitalization. Main issue is if GRDDL transform would need
            updating.
          + The vCard ontology needs examples. At least one that
            explains you can attach the properties to URIs for people,
            not just cards!
          + Can we get a single namespace for vCard, and do redirection
            to the namespace?
          + Should we update vCard to deal with newer [20]vCard IETF
            work? See DanBri's e-mail for list of relevant differences.
            Can someone liason with vCard IETF?
          + Is it worth tracking or making a GRDDL from new [21]IETF
            vCard in XML?
          + Should we merge vCard or subset it with FOAF and
            [22]Portable Contacts? Liason for PortableContacts?
     _________________________________________________________

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2009-05-27/13:00/Next_teleconference
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/20-swxg-minutes.html
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/Liaisons
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0103.html
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0065.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/DiscussionTopics
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/DiscussionTopics
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/InvitedGuests
     [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns
     [20] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-07
     [21] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawson-vcard-xml-dtd-01
     [22] http://portablecontacts.net/draft-spec.html
Received on Tuesday, 26 May 2009 15:44:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:35:30 GMT