assertions about private information

From: Ronald P. Reck <rreck@rrecktek.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:35:06 -0400
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
It is only through questions we reveal how little we actually know about
something but here goes:

If I am making an assertion about some attribute of myself, can I ever
hope to stay in "control" of the information without an inherent "time
to life" for the information assertion? I am wondering if "time to life"
is a necessary primitive.

For example, my name and gender are unlikely to change (ever), my
address might change on occasion, and my preferences can change with the
wind.

Clearly, someone can change or alter that "time to life" but in effect
they are telling lies about me. If information about me comes only from
me, I can inherently be the source for information about me, AND I can
make those assertions categorically (they are known absolutely) for the
"time to life".

Comments please.

--
Ronald P. Reck