Re: Task Force Organization Proposal: Meet right after SWXG Telecons

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:21:50 +0200
To: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au> wrote:

> On 15 May 2009, at 02:54, Peter Ferne wrote:
>
>> Wow. To my mind a call with 10-20 people on is too big to get real
>> work done. But then I imagine most of the actual work happening
>> between calls via email and wiki. I see the calls as being more like a
>> daily (or rather weekly) standup - succinct updates on progress and
>> removing obstacles.
>

> I agree - I see the TF primarily working via email/wiki etc (with specific
> teleconfs if needed)
> and the main SWXG call as the opportunity to report on
> activities/status/next steps etc.

Well, if all that's needed is a wiki that's easy enough. E-mail, I
thought, was all going to be done on the public-xg list. I do still
think smaller telecons for discussion are useful (I mean, 10-20 is
optimistic, you just need to call for the telecon and see who shows
up!). Anyways, the time proposal I put forward allows the telecon to
be done on an ad-hoc or regular basis, since it streamlines the
reservation of telecon time.