Re: Pre-Telecon Introductions

From: Alex Korth <ak@ttbc.de>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 18:02:39 +0100
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org, public-social-web-talk@w3.org
Hi everyone,

my name is Alexander Korth and I am the Director of Competence Center
Information Retrieval and Machine Learning at DAI-Labor, Technische Universitšt
Berlin, a 25 people research group. My background and interests are Information
Retrieval, Machine Learning and especially the Social Web. I study the behaviour
of people on my side-project cityfinger, a privacy-preserving platform for
location-based social micro-communities, which I am writing my PhD thesis about.
Besides, I co-operated the second Berlin Barcamp in 2007 and host numerous
Social Web-related meetups in Berlin since 2006.
My best known publication must be my recent guest author article on RWW [1]
about the Web of Data.
My goal by particiating here are the creation of standards for, e.g. privacy and
accessibility, within the emerging social web.
I am looking forward to work with you!

Regards,
Alex

[1]