Re: Pre-Telecon Introductions

Hi all,

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org> wrote:
> Please, everyone introduce yourself over the list-serv over the
> telecon. Some people  have already done so. If you could, just give
> everyone your name, your organization if you have one, and what your
> background and hopes for the Social Web XG are.

I am Oshani Seneviratne, a second-year graduate student from the
Decentralized Information Group at Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT). My research interests are mainly on policy aware
systems and the semantic web. I am currently involved in the
Transparent Accountable data Mining Initiative(TAMI) [1] where I have
developed several "accountability" tools on the Tabulator [2].

I will be participating in this XG as an invited expert. I hope this
group will discuss and will come up with standards and/or technical
solutions to address issues related to privacy of publicly available
social data. I am specifically interested in adverse use of personal
information on the web.

Looking forward to working with you all!

[1] http://dig.csail.mit.edu/TAMI/
[2] http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2007/tab/

--
Oshani