Re: Google Wave

Well its good idea, but have been tried some times before.  Also
there is no spec for the HTTP usage (or at least i have not been able
to find it), just an application.

There are tons of troubles with P2P like applications and the
problems with NATs, Firewalls and "transparent" http proxies  make
most of them not suitables for most users.

Google Wave is a protocol between servers, not to the final users, so
didnt suffer for this.  I think that XMPP and Jingle are a nice way
to go for us.

Joaquín

El 16/06/2009, a las 15:39, Melvin Carvalho escribió:

> This could be as good as wave, if not better:
>
> http://unite.opera.com/
>
> I've tested it out and it looks amazing.
>
> It is built on, myopera is also a FOAF network (c. 3 million users?),
> and one of the few that also allows links out (using rdfs:seeAlso)
>
> Perhaps somewhere between wave and unite, we are seeing the future of
> the browser?
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Peter
> Ferne<petef@bristolwireless.net> wrote:
>> http://twitter.com/ChrisSaad/status/1949214160
>>
>> "Google Wave - this is SUPER interesting http://bit.ly/rlOEP"
>> - Chris Saad (@ChrisSaad)
>>

>> --
>> Peter Ferne,  +44 (0)7970 942 261,  petef@jivatechnology.com

Joaquin Salvachua               tel: +34 91 549 57 00  x.3056
Associated Professor                 +34 91 549 57 62  x.3056
dpt. Telematica
Change  ^
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion
Ciudad Universitaria S/N         fax: +34 91 336 73 33
E-28040  MADRID   SPAIN

mailto:jsalvachua@dit.upm.es // http://www.dit.upm.es/~jsr
Blog: http://jsalvachua.blogspot.com/