Re: Context in the XG?

Hi all,

I totally agree on that. It it absolutely neccessary that there is an explicit
context that is controllable by the user, e.g. the user's active persona
(private vs. business, see the profile switcher on your nokia as a starting
point), mood, and so forth.
But: do not let us draw a border to the privacy TF because these TFs' domains
are not disjoint. Let me give you a quote which is my favorite definition of
privacy:

"Privacy is the claim of individuals, groups, or institutions to determine for
themselves when, how, and to what extent information about them is communicated
to others."
- Alan Westin, Privacy and Freedom, 1967

As I mentioned in a past Email thread, privacy is not about secracy and thus,
massively overlapping with explicit context. I agree that privacy has not much
to do with the technical availability and standardization of implicit context,
e.g. geo-location, time and so on, but it does with its accessability. Splitting
up the team to TFs that are overlapping is no good.
I propose having privacy and context in one TF.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alexander Korth