W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-socialweb@w3.org > June 2009

Weekly Agenda for June 10th Social Web XG Telecon 13:00-14:00Z

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 02:16:20 +0100
Message-ID: <b3be92a00906081816o1ef5efa2j89f01918be17b5e4@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
HTML:  http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-swxg-minutes.html

 [1]SWXG Weekly

      [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/

SWXG WG Weekly

    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2009-06-10T13:00-15:00Z (See your
       [3]local time)
          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
                 6665
          + chair: DKA or hhalpin
          + scribe: tpa
          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
            regrets:
          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 27 May 2009 as a
            true record
          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 17 June. scribe volunteer?
          + ACTION: Move to scribe list
    2. General Organization and Task Forces
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to find a good final report
            template and port it to the wiki
          + ACTION: danbri follow up re whether to use survey tool at
            w3c or elsewhere
          + [DONE] ACTION: hhalpin to make [11]scribelist
          + PROPOSAL: (See [12]e-mail) Use either WBS questionnaire, or
            just set them to meet one hour after (14:00 UTC) the full
            telecon at 13:00 UTC, operating bi-weekly. Therefore, the
            Social Web XG would de-facto have a two-hour weekly
            meeting, but the second hour would always be a task force.
            Would make scheduling and remembering to attend telecons
            easier
          + Do the task-forces want separate telecons? Previous
            thinking had all e-mnail traffic on a single list-serv. Is
            there a problem with e-mail traffic on list?
    3. Optional Face-to-Face Meeting
          + ACTION: cperey to draft e-mail about a follow-up workshop.
          + Note that [13]W3C TPAC 2009 (Nov 2-6th) and the
            [14]Internet Identity Workshop are both meeting November
            (2-5th) this year in Silicon Valley, California.
          + Should we have our face-to-face there? Workshop before or
            after? If so, at which event? How to encourage overlap? If
            people want to have an optional meeting at TPAC2009, note
            that we need to tell the W3C now. Also note that TPAC
            registration is 50 dollars, while IIW runs a few hundred.
    4. Invited Guests
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to
            talk Widgets
          + ACTION: hakon to ask Terry Eagle and Sandy Pentland for
            guest telecon
          + ACTION: karl to contact Evan over OpenMicroblogging and
            W3C.
          + ACTION: Renato and DanBri and hhalpin to schedule
            DataPortability.org/XMPP
          + Can cperey get a date for the mobile phone operators she
            knows to discuss what their needs are with the W3C, and how
            the W3C could be able to help?
    5. Creating User Stories on the Wiki
          + How can we turn these into a "best practices" guide or
            use-case guide, or some combination of both? Who wants to
            be the editor of this document?
          + More stories from business or developer side? John wants to
            develop software X, Company Y is a social networking site
            and wants...
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: tinkster to document developer stories
            on wiki.
    6. Social Network Matrix
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin to retrieve top X social
            networking sites from the top 500 sites of Alexa
          + hhalpin got the beginning of an alexa-based [15]list of
            social networking sites, but needs help with foreign
            speakers to confirm suitability of some sites.
          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: cperey to make list of top 30 to do
            profiles on, to merge with hhalpin's list on alexa
          + ACTION: karl to create the matrix to be filled
    7. Possible Portability Task Force Meeting?: FOAF Brainstorming
          + What is projected relationship between FOAF and
            PortableContacts? FOAF and vCard?
          + How about FOAF and APIs like OpenSocial?
          + FOAF and microformats like XFN?
          + Should we use SKOS to help map FOAF to other specs? See
            Matthew Rowe's [16]SISM?
     _________________________________________________________

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2009-06-10/13:00/Next_teleconference
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-swxg-minutes.html
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/ScribeList
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009May/0065.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/overview.html
     [14] http://iiw.idcommons.net/Index.php/Main_Page
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/TopSocialNetworkingSites
     [16] http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~mrowe/sism.html
Received on Tuesday, 9 June 2009 01:16:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 9 June 2009 01:16:58 GMT