Re: First vCard in RDF and FOAF Future Telecon: May 27th 2:00 UTC (immediately after SWXG telecon)

Addendum:

According to

http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator

the current 2006 spec at

http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns.rdf

is not OWL DL but OWL Full.

Immediate suggestions  from my side (imcomplete and not 100% sure, but
first steps):

- define dc:title etc. as annotation properties before using them
- remove the cardinality constraints - i have doubts they do exactly
what is intended anyway
- the following snippet looks a bit strange at first sight (maybe okay,
but I don't get it immediately):

   <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#rev">
      <rdfs:comment>The timestamp of a revision of a vCard</rdfs:comment>

      <rdfs:label>revision</rdfs:label>
      <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#VCard"/>
      <rdfs:range rdf:parseType="Resource">
         <owl:unionOf rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <rdf:first
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#date"/>
            <rdf:rest rdf:parseType="Resource">
               <rdf:first
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime"/>
               <rdf:rest
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#nil"/>

            </rdf:rest>
         </owl:unionOf>
      </rdfs:range>
   </owl:DatatypeProperty>

best

martin

Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> Here are the brief minutes of our (Harry, Renato, Pierre-Antoine,  and
> myself) today's f2f meeting on vCard at ESWC in Crete:
>
> Basic consensus among the participants:
> - An updated version of vCard for the Semantic Web should be provided
> under the old URI.
> - That should reflect all technical requirements and best practices of
> a 2009 view on the SW tech stack.
> - The current 2006 proposal is the basis for that.
> - If possible, the vCard spec for the SW should be encoded in a way
> that it remains within OWL DL, so that it can be mixed with models
> that are in DL without turning the result into OWL Full. Obviously, we
> cannot prevent anybody from using the future vCard spec in a way that
> turns the model into OWL Full, but the basic use cases should at least
> not require that.
>
> Action items:
> Harry: Set up .htacess for HTML redirect from 2006->2001 URI
> Harry: Set up .htacess for RDF/XML redirect from 2001->2006 URI
> (actually: 2009 spec URI ;-))
> Renato: Fetch examples from Peter Mika
> Harry: Put his work on mappings / transformations between various
> contact formats on the Web and link to it from the final HTML resource
> of the final 2009 spec.
> Norman: Update GRDDL so that is will be compatible with the final 2009
> spec.
> Harry: Remove hyphens in element names --> consistent names (CamelCase?)
> Harry: Think about whether a service for resolution of problems from
> the likely use of lexical variants of element names is feasible.
> Renato: Contact Giovanni regarding hCard/vCard import module: Ask for
> code and suggest update of the code according to the 2009 spec.
> Harry: Contact Richard regarding vCard (text) conversion module: Ask
> for code and suggest update of the code according to the 2009 spec.
> Martin: Do preliminary check and ask Axel and/or Bijan whether they
> can review DL compliance of the final spec.
> Harry: Ping Identity 2009 for slot / workshop / meeting
>
> Deadline for completion: June 30
>
> Best
>
> Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail: mhepp@computer.org
phone:  +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:    +49-(0)89-6004-4620
www:    http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
 	http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:  mfhepp

Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of Data!

Webcast explaining the Web of Data for E-Commerce:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Tool for registering your business:
----------------------------------
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semantic-web-based-e-commerce-webmasters-get-ready.html

Project page and resources for developers:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Upcoming events:
Full-day tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey

http://www.eswc2009.org/program-menu/tutorials/70

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology

http://www.semantic-conference.com/session/1881/