Re: Social Web Meeting July 22nd 13:00Z

I'm obviously missing something 'cos the agenda I see is from last month.

Sort of wearing my W3C Team member hat here...  if there is time today,
I'd like to to bring to the group's attention some charter development
work going on in the Ubiquitous Web domain that looks a lot like some of
the stuff this XG has been talking about. As ever with WG charter
development, nothing is definite but here's a line from it that will
interest some:

"The Context Awareness and Personalization Working Group will define
extensible modular ontologies for personal preferences, device
capabilities and environmental conditions. The ontologies form the basis
for shared semantics across different devices and across different
interfaces at all points along the delivery channel. These ontologies
can include models of objects, states and events, as a basis for
describing behavior. This will enable personalization and dynamic
adaptation of applications, reducing development costs and improving
usability."

See http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/wiki/New_Charter

Talk soon

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/

i-sieve technologies                   |      W3C Mobile Web Initiative
Sentiment Analysis Beyond Impressions  |      www.w3.org/Mobile