Fwd: [oauth] Fwd: Prototyping OAuth WRAP on FriendFeed

Some updates from the Facebook team (David and Luke, our visiting
speakers a few weeks ago) on their WRAP explorations.

Also worth noting
http://hueniverse.com/2009/11/wrap-and-the-demise-of-the-oauth-community/
from Eran Hammer-Lahav - the WRAP proposals can be seen either as a
competing technology being offered as a successor within the OAuth
'brand', or as as in improvement of OAuth, depending on perspective.
I've not dug enough into the details to judge.

In http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/21/facebook-friendfeed-oauth-wrap/
and http://bret.appspot.com/entry/oauth-wrap
I read  "The main difference between OAuth and OAuth WRAP is that WRAP
does not have elaborate token exchanges or signature schemes. Instead,
all server-to-server WRAP calls happen via SSL. The "access token,"
which grants your client the ability to make API calls on a user's
behalf, is protected by SSL rather than by a shared secret and
signature scheme." .... this might be interesting therefore for the
FOAF+SSL folk to take a look at?

cheers,

Dan