Chris Messina on the "The Death of the URL"

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:26:05 +0000
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Next week, we'll have Dan Brickley presenting on the current state and
future of FOAF, and Henry Story on the latest work around FOAF+SSL.
Hopefully we'll also get some of the MIT folks working on FOAF+SSL to
dial-in as well. These technologies are all crucially based on URIs,
the foundation of the World Wide Web.

Interestingly enough, Chris Messina has recently posted a great blog
post a "The Death of the URL" - I'd recommend giving it a read - it's
underlines the importance of URIs for distributed social networking
[1].

[1] http://factoryjoe.com/blog/2009/11/16/the-death-of-the-url/