Re: Apache Wookie incubator project

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Dan (I'm not subscribed to the socialweb list so this may need
> forwarding/moderating through)

W3C maintains a global "accept" list; if you're on any W3C lists, it'll get
through. If it doesn't recognise your email address, you'll get an automatic
mail from the Archive Approval bot (http://www.w3.org/2002/09/aa/, showing
as From: W3C List Manager <aa-sender@listhub.w3.org>), and if you jump
through those hoops, it should let your mails through.

You're also very welcome (in fact, encouraged!) to join the W3C incubator
group. It's low commitment, operates in public; we have telecons but if
you'd prefer to interact by mail, that's fine too.
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/  (non-w3c members need to be
made Invited Experts, but we'll handle that).

 It is worth noting that there will be a combined Wookie and Shindig
> meetup at ApacheCon US in November. This will be free to attend. We
> also hope to have representatives from SocialSite as well, an open
> source social networking framework that is currently moving from Sun
> to the ASF incubator.
>
> http://www.apachecon.com

Ah, very interesting! I hope someone from this group, and folk from W3C
Widgets effort will be able to attend...

cheers,

Dan