Re: Tool that extracts ontologie from relational database

Hi Ticiana

You can check out paper "Translating SQL Applications to the Semantic Web"
[1]. We present a set of formal and complete first order logic rules to
extract an ontology from the relational schema in SQL DDL.This is part of a
larger implementation that we are soon to finalize. We will announce soon
was we have this available for download. You can also find a survey of
existing approaches that extract ontologies from relational databases here
[2]

There is also th RDBToOnto tool from the TAO Project [3]

[1] http://www.springerlink.com/content/mv58805364k31734/
[2] ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/techreports/tr09-04.pdf
[3]
http://www.tao-project.eu/researchanddevelopment/demosanddownloads/RDBToOnto.html

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences