Another usecase? a social usecase

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:42:46 -0500
To: public-xg-rdb2rdf <public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org>
I was wondering how many usecase are we suppose to present. I am sure there
are plenty of enterprise usecases. I wanted to share with the group another
social usecase.

I am attaching a paper we submitted to WWW2009 (still under submission so
please do not share) about rdb2rdf applied to different datasources about
displaced and migrant population in Colombia.

Due to the fact that different NPO and NGO can store information about
migrant and displaced population, it would be interesting if this data would
be integrated. However, these communites do not have in mind any big data
integration plans. We propose that a simple and quick way of getting RDF out
of their databases, through direct mapping, would allow this data
integration.

So if we need more usecases, I would be willing to write this one up.

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com