Re: Bi-directional mapping (RDF2RDB)

From: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:53:14 +0600
To: Sören Auer <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Cc: public-xg-rdb2rdf <public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org>

Hello Soren and all,

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 09:38 -0500, Sören Auer wrote:
> Hi all,
> as much as I remember we did so far only discuss the mapping from RDB to
> RDF. In certain settings it might, however, also make sense to be able
> to update the RDB using SPARUL [1].

We've discussed "RDF2RDB" and SPARUL a bit in Karlsruhe (the very
beginning of F2F), and decided to keep it as a separate item.
While standardization is a long story, OpenLink intends to support
SPARUL on relational data in this year, but the exact time slot is not
yet scheduled. The proposed implementation logic is described in

I'd be glad to get any comments/corrections (that's wiki ;)

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software