W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org > February 2009

Re: Minutes from Feb 13 Telcon

From: Juan Sequeda <jsequeda@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:01:22 -0600
Message-ID: <f914914c0902130901y6a2f4232pa9a67529d0521cfb@mail.gmail.com>
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
Cc: public-xg-rdb2rdf <public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org>
Sorry I missed the call. I am right now in the Linked Data tutorial in
Austin with Tom Heath

I'm guessing we will receive later next week the call in details for the
SWCG call.

Cheers

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com
www.semanticwebaustin.org


On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM, ashok malhotra
<ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>wrote:

> Attached
> --
> All the best, Ashok
>
>  [image: W3C] <http://www.w3.org/>
> - DRAFT - RDB2RDF XG Telcon 13 Feb 2009
>
> See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2009/02/13-RDB2RDF-irc>
> Attendees  Present Andrew_Eisenberg, Jenny_Green, Ashok_Malhotra,
> Satya_Sahoo, Michael_Hausenblas, Soeren_Auer Regrets Chair Ashok Malhotra
> Scribe mhausenblas
> Contents
>
>    - Topics <#11f708f3b90f7022_agenda>
>       1. Roll Call <#11f708f3b90f7022_item01>
>       2. Appointment of minute taker <#11f708f3b90f7022_item02>
>       3. Approve minutes from Feb 6, 2009 <#11f708f3b90f7022_item03>
>       4. XG Logistics <#11f708f3b90f7022_item04>
>       5. Action Items <#11f708f3b90f7022_item05>
>       6. Deliverables <#11f708f3b90f7022_item06>
>       7. Discussion of proposed charter <#11f708f3b90f7022_item07>
>       8. AOB <#11f708f3b90f7022_item08>
>     - Summary of Action Items <#11f708f3b90f7022_ActionSummary>
>
> ------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
> <scribe> Scribenick: mhausenblas
> Roll Call Appointment of minute taker Approve minutes from Feb 6, 2009
>
> group accepts minutes
>
> see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Feb/0009.html
> XG Logistics
>
> Ashok: Next call?
> ... we were asked to join the SWCG
> ... shall we start later? I think having a call would be worthwhile
>
> Michael: I'll be not around next week
>
> Ashok: Then we will start next week's call at 11:30
> ... that is 30min LATER as usual
> ... got a number of replies for participation re SWCG Telcon, thanks
> Action Items
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* *[NEW]* All to respond to Ashok re participating at
> SWCG meeting [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action04] *[DONE]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* *[NEW]* Ashok to find out what IPR issues apply to the
> SOTA (for publication at SIGMOD, for example) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action03] *[DONE]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* *[NEW]* Juan to look into University funding [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action06] *
> [CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* *[NEW]* Michael to look into EC/CSA funding [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action05] *
> [CONTINUES]*
> Deliverables
>
> see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/rdb2rdf/XGR-rdb2rdf/
>
> Ashok: also the state of the art report at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/rdb2rdf/RDB2RDF_SurveyReport.pdf
>
> ssahoo2: do IPR issues also apply to modified content
>
> Ashok: I'd produce a final version for the magazine, talk to the magazine
> and check back with W3C
> ... I can help then to sort out these issues
> ... were do you plan to submit
>
> ssahoo2: SIGMOD, VLDB journal, ...
> Discussion of proposed charter
>
> see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-rdb2rdf/2009Feb/att-0019/RDB2RDF_Working_Group_Charter.htm
>
> Michael: the 50% FTE for team contacts is highly unrealistic
>
> Ashok: I've added the motivation (workshop, etc.)
> ... explain the usefulness
>
> Michael: re budget/team contact is the only issue I see
> ... I'd opt for 10%
> ... only start-up (Wiki, list, etc) is needed for now
> ... when we go REC track (+1 year time or so) we request a bit of their
> resources
>
> Ashok: Next section is about scope of our WG
>
> discussion around SQL99
>
> Ashok: we are discussing now 'The mapping language SHOULD be complete with
> regard to the Relational algebra, i.e. all Relational constructs SHOULD be
> expressible in the language.'
> ... do we want to be compliant to SQL99?
>
> group seems not to be after addressing the entire SQL99 spec
>
> AndrewE: Always good to try the best and be transparent; matter of
> prioritisation
>
> Ashok; If and when WG starts we will define the details re SQL99 features
> supported
>
> Ashok: re 'The mapping language SHOULD have a human-readable syntax as
> well as XML and RDF representations of the syntax for purposes of discovery
> and machine generation. '
> ... shall we go into that detail re this scope at SWCG meeting
> ... any objections?
>
> Jenny: We have discussed that for a long time
> ... is fine as it stands
>
> Ashok: Any objections re sending this to Semantic Web Co-ordination Group
>
> *RESOLUTION: no objections to send the current draft of the charter to the
> SWCG*
> AOB
>
> Ashok: Reminder re the SWCG call
> ... see you next week (30min later)
>
> [adjourned]
>  Summary of Action Items *[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Juan to look into
> University funding [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action06]
> *[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Michael to look into EC/CSA funding [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action05]
>
> *[DONE]* *ACTION:* All to respond to Ashok re participating at SWIG
> meeting [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action04]
> *[DONE]* *ACTION:* Ashok to find out what IPR issues apply to the SOTA
> (for publication at SIGMOD, for example) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/06-RDB2RDF-minutes.html#action03]
>
> [End of minutes]
> ------------------------------
>  Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>version 1.133 (CVS
> log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
> $Date: 2009/02/13 16:39:01 $
> ------------------------------
> Scribe.perl diagnostic output[Delete this section before finalizing the
> minutes.]
>
> This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
> Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/>
>
> Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
>
> Succeeded: s/SWIG/SWCG/
> Found ScribeNick: mhausenblas
> Inferring Scribes: mhausenblas
> Default Present: Andrew_Eisenberg, +0238079aaaa, Ashok_Malhotra, ssahoo2, mhausenblas, Soeren
> Present: Andrew_Eisenberg +0238079aaaa Ashok_Malhotra ssahoo2 mhausenblas Soeren
> Got date from IRC log name: 13 Feb 2009
> Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/02/13-RDB2RDF-minutes.html
> People with action items: juan michael
>
>
> [End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>diagnostic output]
>
>
Received on Friday, 13 February 2009 17:01:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 13 February 2009 17:01:58 GMT