[Fwd: Getting on IRC for the RDD2RDF calls]

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 03:38:51 -0700
To: public-xg-rdb2rdf <public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org>

Some of the folks on the RDF2RDB Telcons have had trouble getting onto IRC.
I think it's good if everybody on the call could get on IRC as it opens
up another
channel for communication.

There are a number of IRC clients that you can download from the Web
e.g. MIRC.

I find that the simplest way of getting onto IRC is using the W3C IRC

URI http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi
It will then ask you for your W3C password.
After this you will get a screen where you type in
-- The Nickname for the IRC session.
-- The server (which may be filled in) irc.w3.org
-- The channel which should be #rdb2rdf
Then hit Login

If this does not connect click on Advanced and check that the port is 6665

All the best, Ashok

All the best, Ashok