Re: [RDB2RDF XG] Hello and question about f2f

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:26:55 -0700
To: "Halb, Wolfgang" <Wolfgang.Halb@joanneum.at>
CC: public-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org, member-xg-rdb2rdf@w3.org

Hello Wolfgang:
I am glad you have joined the XG!  I'm still waiting for one or two
companies to join
then we will schedule a telcon to get started.  Re. the face-to-face
meeting, I was not
planning to go to Beijing but let's see what the other members feel.

For the other members, if you have ideas about the face-to-face please
We will need a host for the meeting.  I was thinking for 2 or 3 days.

All the best, Ashok

Halb, Wolfgang wrote:

>Hello,
>My colleague Michael Hausenblas and I have just joined the RDB2RDF XG.
>We are working on topics closely related to the mission of the XG.
>Recently we launched riese (http://riese.joanneum.at), an RDFized and
>Interlinked version of the Eurostat data, where we also encountered
>various issues when mapping relational data into RDF.
>
>Are there any plans for a face-to-face meeting already?
>The upcoming WWW2008 from April 21-25 might be a good chance to get in
>contact personally?
>
>All the best,
>Michael and Wolfgang

>  Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Halb
>  Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
>  JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
>
>  phone:  +43-316-876-1135                   fax: +43-316-876-1191
>  web:    http://www.joanneum.at/iis
>  e-mail: mailto:wolfgang.halb@joanneum.at

All the best, Ashok