Re: RDB2RDF Usecase

On 12/15/08 5:24 PM, Sören Auer wrote:

> ashok malhotra wrote:
>> If you could write one up, that would be great.
>
> Sure, I will do that. I think revealing relational data behind Web
> applications such as Blogs, Wikis, online shops and the like will be a
> nice usecase scenario for an RDB2RDF standardization. I will send
> something tomorrow.
>
> Best,
>
> Sören

Soren,

Since this suggestion came from me, in response to a question posed at
the last Semantic Web Gathering re: How do I explain the value of
Rdb2Rdf to my CIO? Let me clarify:

This use-case should be constructed with silo / data portability pain
alleviation in mind. Web 2.0 produces silos at an alarming rate with no
solution to the problem in sight. Rdb2Rdf technology addresses this
prevalent Web 2.0 death knell by meshing the silos into a Linked Data
graph that ultimately delivers holistic views of the aforementioned
silos, from a person, dept, or organization wide perspective.

This is the sweet spot re. value proposition for decision makers
investing in Web oriented technology :-)

--

Regards,

President&  CEO