Re: concept illustrations for the data journalism example

Olaf and Paul,

On 05/12/2011 12:30 PM, Olaf Hartig wrote:
> Hey Paul,
>
> On Thursday 12 May 2011 10:16:14 Paul Groth wrote:
>
>> >  Hi Olaf:
>> >
>> >  Interesting exercise. Thanks.

>> >  I think time is implicit in the example. I don't know if we need to make
>> >  it explicit. It seems it would be tailoring the example to a
>> >  representation language...
>>
> I don't see that.
>
> If (some of) the processing steps were mentioning such a time, I would have
> added corresponding  prv:performedAt  triples to my example description. Since
> there were no such times, I omitted these triples because I wanted the
> description to be as close to the textual description as possible. What I want
> to say is, without such times we cannot see whether a model/vocabulary would
> support representing them.

Time is important no doubt, and not made explicit in the scenario.
What does it mean to be performedAt? Time at which process execution
took place? Is it instaneous? has it a duration? Is it the time at which
the DataItem
is produced?

Can we express these questions and answer them independently of a
terminology?

Luc

--
Professor Luc Moreau