Re: Provenance Vocabulary Mapping encoding

From: Satya Sahoo <sahoo.2@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:21:30 -0500
To: Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com>
Cc: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>, public-xg-prov@w3.org
Hi Tim,
Currently, the mappings are table entries on the Wiki.

We have some of the mappings in an OWL file, but we are trying to address two issues:
1. Encoding some of the provenance terminologies in OWL is not straightforward
2. Some of mappings involve multiple steps (currently encoded using skos:relatedMatch), which cannot be expressed as OWL axioms (I am trying to use rules as an alternative)

We hope to post the OWL file on the Wiki in future.

Best,
Satya