Re: permanence of mendeley's urls

  Simon,
   I completely agree that having non-unique references to papers in the Mendeley corpus wont' help anyone. I think DOIs should be
used as the authoritative reference whenever possible, and "any" link to the Mendeley entry for the paper should  be added as a
convenience to provide quick access to the PDF, if that's associated with the entry, and to a reference.  But if this is to be used
by authors who use the references in their papers, then I think a bibtex entry would be important -- and that doesn't seem to be
available.

A while ago Yolanda proposed to use BibBase (http://www.bibbase.org/) as a way to publish our collection as a whole on a Web site,
and I think it is an excellent idea as it can be done using the bibtex file that Mendeley generates behind the scenes, exposing all
its entries for each paper (I have happily used to publish my own publications)
   maybe something we can briefly touch upon in the call?

Cheers, -Paolo