Re: Impressions on SWPM W3C prov-xg reporting session

Thanks for the comments, Jose
I am part of the metadata provenance Task group too, led by Kai and Michael,
and the main objective is to develop a very simple and reusable module to
describe the provenance metadata. I think that this concept is also relevant
for some of the scenarios proposed in the provenance-xg group, like the news
aggregator scenario: if we want to integrate data from various sources and
each of these sources have their own provenance, it is very important to
know who asserted the provenance records in order to check consistency (what
happens if the same piece of data has 2 different authors asserted by
different sources?, or which date do we pick if it is said to be created at
2 different times?).