On Provenance for Queries for Web Data

From: Irini Fundulaki <fundul@ics.forth.gr>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 23:17:43 +0300
To: public-xg-prov@w3.org
Dear all,

For your information, you can find at
http://www.csd.uoc.gr/~theohari/files/OnProvenanceOfQueriesForWebData.pdf
a short paper summarizing the preliminary results of our work on
representing data provenance for  SPARQL queries evaluated on Linked Data.
In the paper we (a) summarize the benefits of using abstract provenance
models
compared to annotation-based systems,
(b) present the different models of data provenance developed so
far in the relational world and (c) their limitations
in capturing implicit provenance of SPARQL queries.

Any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Best Regards

Irini Fundulaki
Associate Researcher