Provenance XG Tcon Agenda for February 26

From: Yolanda Gil <gil@ISI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:09:34 -0800
To: public-xg-prov@w3.org

In this week's telecon we will discuss provenance in (and among)
databases.  James Cheney will lead the discussion, which will include
a few invited guests.  See agenda below.  Also a reminder that James
suggested a few relevant readings:

> Buneman, P. 2006. How to cite curated databases and how to make them
> citable. SSDBM 2006:195-203.
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1155000
> Buneman, P., Cheney, J., Tan, W., and Vansummeren, S. 2008. Curated
> databases. PODS 2008: 1-12.
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1376918
> Buneman, P. and Tan, W-C. Provenance in databases.  SIGMOD 2007:
> 1171-1173.
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1247646
> Susan B. Davidson, Juliana Freire: Provenance and scientific
> workflows: challenges and opportunities. SIGMOD 2008:1345-1350
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1376616.1376772

As we did in the last couple of telecons, I would like to ask for a
volunteer note taker that will take organized notes from this
discussion (instead of IRC minutes).  Would anyone be willing to
volunteer for this topic?

Past teleconferences and minutes are recorded on the wiki:

Time:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=26&year=2010&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Bridge FR: +
Conference code: 98765
Duration: 60 minutes

** Note: If you are new to W3C, please take some time to learn about
IRC at:

IRC channel: #prov-xg on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Note taking: Paolo Missier

Welcome, review of agenda (by Yolanda Gil)
Short presentations about provenance in databases by invited
participants (led by James Cheney)
   - Susan Davidson, University of Pennsylvania; provenance in
scientific workflows and databases
   - Wang-Chiew Tan, University of California, Santa Cruz: provenance
and annotation in databases and applications such as data integration
   - Peter Buneman, University of Edinburgh: provenance in curated
databases, updates, and citation
Discussion (led by James Cheney)
Planning for next meeting, agenda and note taker (led by Yolanda Gil)