Re: Provenance XG Final Report published; XG closed

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:51:09 +0100
To: "W3C Members" <w3c-ac-members@w3.org>
Cc: member-xg-prov@w3.org, public-xg-prov@w3.org

Please, find below the correct link to the Provenance XG Report
recommendations.
I apologise for the error in the previous message.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:27:36 +0100, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
>
> I'm pleased to announce publication of:
>
>     Provenance XG Final Report
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov-20101214/
>

> For the past year, the Provenance Incubator Group worked on use cases
> and requirements for provenance on the Web, providing a synthesis of the
> state-of-the art, and developing a roadmap in the area of provenance and
> possible recommendations for standardization efforts.
>
> In the report, the XG highlights the importance of provenance and
> presents requirements in a variety of contexts in the Web based on use
> cases collected from the community. Based on these requirements and a
> close examination of existing provenance work, the XG identified the
> need for standard mechanisms to represent and access provenance. The
> group formulated a roadmap for provenance on the Web that includes short
> term and long term priorities. The group also agreed to concrete
> starting points to ensure rapid progress towards a standardization
> effort, and proposed a charter for a Provenance Interchange Working
> Group.

  Read more in their recommendations:
  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov-20101214/#Recommendations

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR