[Web Standards Project] Re: Question about "web science" term

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:38:56 +0000
To: J Public <public-xg-owea@w3.org>
--- Reply ABOVE THIS LINE to post a comment to the project ---

Company: OWEA
Project: Open Web Education Alliance
Link: https://webstandardsproject.grouphub.com/C45662639

Member XG OWEA Mailing List commented on a message:

   Thanks for raising this Mark.

   From my cursory glances at this stuff over the last year or two,
   I think web science is somewhat of an esoteric thing, and more
   focussed at the research rather than implementation level. It
   would definitely be a part of a "School of Web", but not the
   primary focus is my thinking.

   Some thoughts around the name to be given to this area of study,
   research and learning

   Department/School/Faculty* of

   Web Systems Web Studies Webology :-) Web

   other thoughts?

     * (in the Anglo Australian university system (as opposed to
       US) a Faculty is the equivalent I think of a School - for
       example the Faculty of Law, Science, Arts and so on
       (rtypically Faculty of law does not mean the folks who teach
       law, it means the school))

See the original message, view this comment, and download attachments at:

You can always check the Overview for the latest project activity:

To stop receiving emails when comments are posted to this message, visit: