-------- Original Message --------
From: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
To: 'Doug Schepers' <schepers@w3.org>, 'John Allsopp' <john@westciv.com>

By all means, Doug, yes, please do feel free to forward this to your
colleagues on the OWEA XG if you think it may be of interest to them.
If you need any additional background, just let me know.

For example, although the initial focus of the StratML standard has been
the plans that U.S. federal agencies are required to compile and
maintain under the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), we are
aiming to specify the standard generically enough to apply not only to
the plans of all organizations worldwide but also individuals who choose
to lead mission/goal-directed lives.  Such personal plans may include
learning objectives, which in turn should be aligned with the teaching
objectives outlined in the organizational plans of educational institutions.

BTW, John, based upon a query of Mark Logic's StratML search service
prototype -- http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#SearchServices -- the
StratML collection currently includes nine plans referencing Australia.
  Since we aim to establish StratML as an international voluntary
consensus standard, we hope that number will grow considerably in the
months and years ahead.

Owen