Re: [Re: Re: [MMSEM] RDF and syntactic interoperability]]

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:42:44 +0200
To: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Cc: "Gaëtan Martens" <Gaetan.Martens@ugent.be>, public-xg-mmsem@w3.org
On 31/03/07, Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at> wrote:
> Gaëtan,
> Actually OWL builds upon RDF(S) and XMLS datatyping, though there are
> some cases that cause troubles. However, IMHO the main difference is that
> in OWL-DL - which is of practical interest - datatypes and concepts/instances
> are disjoint.

Thanks Gaëtan, Michael. I'm afraid I'm still not 100% clear on one point.

<owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://example.org/dprop>
      <rdfs:range  rdf:resource="someXMLns:anXMLType">

<a:b rdf:about="http://example.org/aninstance">

Can we actually infer from these statements that  XXXX has datatype

Or would we still have to explicitly say:

<dprop rdf:datatype="someXMLns:anXMLType">XXXX</dprop>