RE: Re: [MMSEM] RDF and syntactic interoperability]]

Dear Gaëtan, Susanne, all,
 MPEG offers the following tools which seems to be relevant for this
problem. However, I'm not sure whether it fits into the subject line of this
email though.

 (A) MPEG-7 MDS Media Locator: I guess you're very well aware of this one...
no need to explain.
 (B) MPEG-21 DIA FocusOfAttention [1]: This tools allows one to specify a
region in which a user might be interested. Actually, it reuses MPEG-7 MDS'
Media Locator but adds slightly different semantics on top of it.
 (C) MPEG-21 Fragment Identifications for MPEG resources [2]:
     - Provides a framework and schemes for addressing fragments of
resources with an MPEG MIME media type. The domains addressable include
spatial, spatiotemporal, temporal, physical format, and logical models.
     - In particular, it specifies a normative syntax for Fragment
Identifiers to be used in URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) for addressing
parts of any resource whose Internet Media Type is one of: audio/mpeg;
video/mpeg; video/mp4; audio/mp4; application/mp4*

* ... I believe this can be extended to other mime types as well but, I
believe, not within MPEG though.

Hope this is somehow helpful for you...

Thanks.
Best regards,
 -Christian

[1] http://vega.icu.ac.kr/~mccb-lab/publications/Paper/VCIP(2003)final.pdf
[2] http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/technologies/mp21-fid/index.htm.htm

:--
:- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- Department of Information Technology (ITEC)
:- Klagenfurt University, Austria
:- http://research.timmerer.com