[MMSEM-Tools] 4M Tool

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:02:14 +0200
To: Massimo.Martinelli@isti.cnr.it, Zeljko Obrenovic <Zeljko.Obrenovic@cwi.nl>
CC: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear Massimo,

Thanks you for your addition (*) in
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources.
I have seen you add a new category "Multimedia Related Tools". I think
(Zeljko corrects me if I'm wrong) that we have tried to avoid the
category "multimedia", because we are not sure how to define it. In your
case, it seems that 4M is able to handle several medias. In this case, I
would put it in the most general category, "Video".
You will notice already that several tools that handle video, can also
handle audio or still images. The categorization should just say the
main focus of the tool. Would you agree to put in the "Video" category?

Furthermore, I would be happy to have more news about this promising
tool. What features it can currently extracts? Did you make a full
MPEG-7 JAVA API for the serialization of the output? Is it based on the
XM platform?

Best regards.

    RaphaŽl

(*) Don't forget to write a log message for any changes