Re: [MMSEM] Music Use Case & FOAF

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:02:40 +0200
To: Oscar Celma <ocelma@iua.upf.edu>
CC: public-xg-mmsem@w3.org

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the detailed answers!

> Right now only title and artist. For the moment, I think it's enough.
> More options could be the Musicbrainz/MusicDNS PUID [1].

Yes, I think it would also be great.
But who can generate the PUID ? Only the secret algorithm of MusicBrainz ?

> I meant "possible", in the sense that more metadata could be filled in
> (see MO examples at [2], specially level 3).
> BTW, I think the conversion is quite straightforward and simple.

OK, I see. But you cannot get these additional metadata (that MO allows in the level 3) only
from the common ID3 tags ...
I think it would be great that in the use case you make a small table detailing what ID3 tags
you convert and their equivalence in MO, but as you said, it is quite straightforward ...

> [1] http://musicbrainz.org/doc/PUID
> [2] http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/#sec-example

Best regards.

    RaphaŽl