W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > February 2007

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 01/02/2007

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:04:55 +0100
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D29852FAB1A0@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of the yesterday's meeting are available

 http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html
	
Note: The next MMSEM-XG telecon is scheduled for
      Thu 15 Feb 2007, 17:00 UTC 

The Summary of action items read:

[NEW] ACTION: Chris and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

[NEW] ACTION: Erik to start a discussion on Photo UC on public list
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

[NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC
till next AC [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]

[NEW] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next
telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[NEW] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7
Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can
contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22]

[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill
it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on
the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG
report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz)
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]

[PENDING] ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an
application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do
feature extraction on music [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and
standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis responsible that each author of each use case
to fill the summary of their interoperability problems [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]


The minutes are fully reproduced below.

Cheers,
	Michael

________________________________________________________________________

W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 01-02-2007, 17:00 UTC

1 Feb 2007

Agenda
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Jan/0049.html)

See also: IRC log (http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-irc)

Attendees
 Present Raphael, Chris, George Anadiotis, Zeljko Obrenovic, Michael
Hausenblas, Jeff Pan, Thomas Franz
	   Tobias Buerger, Christian Halaschek-Wiener,
Eric_Chris_Gaetan, Vassilis Tzouvaras, Stamatia, Suzanne Little	
 
 Regrets Roberto_Ellero, Oscar_Celma, Thierry_Declerk, Erik_Mannens,
Pasquale_Popolizio, Ioannis_Pratikakis, Sofia_Tsekeridou 

Chair raphael, jeff 

Scribe Michael 

Contents

 Topics 
  1. ADMIN 
  2. LINKS Pages 
  3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable 
  4. Interoperability Deliverable 
   4.1 Structure 
   4.2 Music Use case 
   4.3 News Use case 
   4.4 Photo Use case 
   4.5 Tagging Use case 
   4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
Ovidio) 
   4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case 
  5. MPEG-7 Deliverable 
  AOB 

 Summary of Action Items 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

<raphael> Title: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 01-02-2007, 17:00 UTC

<raphael> Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Jan/0049.html

<raphael> Scribenick: mhausenblas

<raphael> Scribe: Michael

<ganadiot> hello there

<raphael> Presents: Raphael, Chris, George Anadiotis, Zeljko Obrenovic,
Michael Hausenblas

+regrets Melliyal Annamalai

<JeffP> Hi guys

hi there

+present Jeff Pan

+present Thomas Franz

<raphael> Michael, meli has sent regrets ?

<JeffP> yes

yes, see:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0013.html

+present Tobias Buerger

+present Christian Halaschek-Wiener

+present Eric_Chris_Gaetan

+present Vassilis Tzouvaras

1. ADMIN
+present Suzanne Little

Roll call

<chalaschek> second

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 18 January 2007 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html

accepted

Next telecon: 15th February 2007

Raphael: Next Friday, 9 Feb the chairs report to the SW coordination
group

+present Stamatia

2. LINKS Pages
<scribe> ACTION: Erik to update the vocabularies page by the next
telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

<isti> wiki site appears to be down?

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by
next telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to merge the Resources and Tools page See:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources [DONE]
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

Zeljko: Did some initial page on the merged pages
... added tools and projects
... will be further restructured
... add DOAP
... explain functionality (manual, automatic, etc.)

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page [CONTINUES]
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

Jeff: relation to interop deliverable
... Vassilis to sort out related projects

Vassilis: Will take care

<alessio> hi all

Raphael: link to the DOAP files, not embed it

+present alessio

3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
<raphael>
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/deliverables/image_annotation.htm
l

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on
the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG
report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz)
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[CONTINUES]

Raphael: Will be ready by next week
... then we vote

4. Interoperability Deliverable
4.1 Structure
<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis and Jeff to start the Common Framework
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis responsible that each author of each use case
to fill the summary of their interoperability problems [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

Vassilis: Please, everybody, within the next two days, send updates
... interop levels differentiation
... going to include the figures from Athens F2F
... first draft _without_ solutions by next week

<raphael> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/FrontPage

Vassilis: K-Space work could be integrated

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and
fill it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

-- drop

Thomas: input of interop deliverable
... Vassilis do you need more?

Vassilis: news, photo, music is missing

<JeffP>
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Interoperability

Jeff: Current structure of deliverable

Raphael: New title?

Jeff: link provided, the main contribution is the common framework
... hence title should be : "Media Annotation Interop Framework"

<raphael> rather: Multimedia Annotation Interoperability Framework

Vassilis: lets focus now on the motivation, solution later

4.2 Music Use case
Raphael: Try to combine low-level feature with domain semantics
... first prototype is available
... overall in good shape

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to provide a first implementation of the Music
use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]

Raphael: Currently ID3 to RDF converter

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till
7 Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

4.3 News Use case
Chris: We try to get some real news feeds, archives
... currently in XML format, only
... freely available content
... found an earlier version that is online
... have to spot diffs
... NDA with DowJones content
... will be able to look at the abstract level
... will be able to look at the abstract level

Raphael: A bit behind schedule, but Chris pushes this work
... will have a internal call to further push this work

<scribe> ACTION: Chris and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

4.4 Photo Use case
Raphael: Susanne is not here

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

Eric: Wanted to started discussion
... but found out that it is related to authoring rather

-->
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Jan/0048.html

Raphael: Do you utilise semantics?

Eric: No; just MPEG-21 based features

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to start a discussion on Photo UC on public list
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

-- drop

<scribe> ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and
standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[CONTINUES]

Eric: better fit with:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantics_from_Multimedia_Au
thoring

Raphael: Could you look at the other, "real" UC to see where it fits in?

Eric: Yes

4.5 Tagging Use case
Thomas: I restructured the motivation in UC
... additionally setting up prototype
... 12 Feb will be decided if a students project will elaborate on this
deeper

George: Affiliation has changed (Free Uni A'dam)
... will stick with XG, ask for help in tech realisation

Raphael: CWI will continue on this UC

<scribe> ACTION: Thomas to report analysis of tagging platform in Wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE]

Raphael: Ontology issues to sort out ...
... to wait for SWD to sort out SKOS-related semantics

Michael: on SKOS -SWD issue

Jeff: Should we focus on SKOS?

Michael: Could do liasion with SWD, if you want me to

Raphael: Send mail to SWD - no answer, yet
... current version is quite stable
... just some small problems with semantics
... not the question of replacing

Jeff: I agree

--> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
Ovidio)
Suzanne: In a stable state
... motivation is done
... extended solution

<scribe> ACTION: Suzanne, Massimo to further exemplify and sketch the
solution: what will be needed to model in the ontology, and how it would
be used [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

Raphael: Regarding solution
... K-space ontology any use for you?

Suzanne: Let you know, seems reasonable

<raphael> ...particularly the algorithm pattern !

Suzanne: do you want us to reference paper?

Raphael: Paper is technical report now
... can provide you UML of model
... could be integrated in UC

<scribe> ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an
application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do
feature extraction on music [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]

<raphael>
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~aggrimm/arbeitsberichte/arbeitsberichte_4_200
7.pdf

Raphael: Next steps?

Suzanne: Comments are welcome!

Raphael: Call for review

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC
till next AC [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]

Suzanne: Where to put parts?

Vassilis: Into common framework

Raphael: News, Tagging UC and common framework

4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case
no participant present - next AC

5. MPEG-7 Deliverable
<scribe> ACTION: Michael to make testing how to transfer the wiki page
into an XG report template [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can
contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22]

AOB
no

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Chris and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: Erik to start a discussion on Photo UC on public list
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC
till next AC [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next
telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7
Feb [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can
contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22]
[NEW] ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill
it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on
the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG
report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz)
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an
application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do
feature extraction on music [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and
standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis responsible that each author of each use case
to fill the summary of their interoperability problems [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Erik to update the vocabularies page by the next telecon
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
[DONE] ACTION: Michael to make testing how to transfer the wiki page
into an XG report template [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
[DONE] ACTION: Oscar to provide a first implementation of the Music use
case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
[DONE] ACTION: Raphael to merge the Resources and Tools page See:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Suzanne, Massimo to further exemplify and sketch the
solution: what will be needed to model in the ontology, and how it would
be used [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Thomas to report analysis of tagging platform in Wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE] ACTION: Vassilis and Jeff to start the Common Framework [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
________________________________________________________________________


----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA
----------------------------------------------------------
Received on Friday, 2 February 2007 10:06:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT