Re: [MMSEM] Comments on the "Image annotation on the Semantic Web" document

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:19:02 +0200
To: George Anadiotis <George.Anadiotis@cwi.nl>
CC: public-xg-mmsem@w3.org, gan@few.vu.nl

Dear George,

> ACTION: ALL give comments on the "Image annotation on the Semantic Web"
> Working Draft [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/10-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
>
> I recently went through this document, so here are my comments. Overall, i
> think the document is coherent and adequately demonstrates benefits of
> applying SW standards to solve issues pertaining Image annotation.

Thanks for your review. Regarding your comments:

> My only 'real' comments have to do with:
> 1. Section 4. I think it looks a bit misplaced in this document - maybe it
> would be better to move this to the Tools overview document.

Section 4 now better encourages the reader to look at the Wiki page. It highlights the
complementarity between these two ressources.

> 2. The possible Semantic Web-based solution for UC 5.4 does not match the
> style of the other possible solutions, as it is quite limited in detail.
> Although i think maybe this approach is preferable for readability
> reasons, it is probably easier to expand this one instead of limiting the
> rest in order to achieve a uniform approach throughout the document.

The use case solution has been slightly expanded.

> In addition, some minor typos/grammar/syntax that i located here and there:

All the typos have been corrected.
Latest version of the document is at:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-image-annotation/
Best regards.