XG extension

From: Jeff Z. Pan <jpan@csd.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:02:15 +0100
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
CC: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Vassilis Tzouvaras <tzouvaras@image.ntua.gr>

Dear all,

 >ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter
extension [recorded in
 >http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

[According to the telecon, the action is on Jeff, rather than both chairs.]

Following earlier report of the time that is needed for W3C to make a
decision, the message explains the extension of our XG from the aspect
of deliverables. Currently we have four deliverables:

- "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web"
- "Vocabularies for Multimedia on the Semantic Web"
- "Multimedia Annotation Interoperability Framework
<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Interoperability>"
- "MPEG-7 and the Semantic Web
<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-mpeg7/>"

The first two are (more or less) ready and can be published as XG final
reports. Actions are needed for the editors to present the deliverables
using the XG report format:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/templates/report.html

Michael, could you please give it a quick check and see how hard/easy it
is to adapt this format?

The last two deliverables are still in the status of editors' draft. We
could use the above format and link them from our homepage. The extended
XG needs to continue working on the these two deliverables. Once the
above are done, we can close the old XG properly and open the extended
XG, if it is approved.

Best regards,
Jeff

--

Dr. Jeff Z. Pan (http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/)
Department of Computing Science, The University of Aberdeen