RE: [MMSEM-Vocabulary] XGR 'Multimedia Vocabularies on the Semantic Web' available

Dear Michael, all,
  I'd like to point out something w.r.t. MPEG-21. I see two issues:

#1: The text on MPEG-21 is not up-to-date and includes some small errors
(e.g., description of IPMP, SVC is not part of MPEG-21, and Digital Item
Stream - Part 18 - is missing).

#2: I would see parts of MPEG-21 as multimedia metadata formats for
describing audio-visual contents. For example, the AdaptationQoS tools (a
description format of MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation) provides means for
describing the relationship between multimedia characteristics, usage
environment constraints, adaptation operations satisfying these constraints,
and resulting utilities (qualities). This kind of data is usually
content-related metadata. I would suggest adding this specific tool as part
of Section 3.3. The same comment holds for TVAnytime metadata.

Please let me know your conclusions and how to proceed.

Some other thoughts:
 - I'm wondering why Dublin Core is part of Section 3.6 and not part of
Section 3.3.
 - Section 4 states some like "map existing multimedia metadata to RDF/OWL
for the purpose of interoperability, reasoning, etc." ... mapping existing
multimedia standards to RDF/OWL for the purpose of interoperability is
strange because the main intention of a standard is interoperability. Please
check the wording here. -

Thanks.
Best regards,
 -Christian

:--
:- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
:- Department of Information Technology (ITEC)
:- Klagenfurt University, Austria
:- http://research.timmerer.com