W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > April 2007

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 12/04/2007

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:24:49 +0200
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D298520108DAED@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>


All,

The minutes of the today's's meeting are available

http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html

Note: The next MMSEM-XG telecon is scheduled for
      Thu 26 Apr 2007, 17:00 UTC

The Summary of action items read:

[NEW] ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter extension [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to contact Susanne regarding converge for a solution for the use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written request [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael to mail to the list notification for publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki after the end of XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
[DONE] ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools classifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use cases pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

The minutes are fully reproduced below.

Cheers,
	Michael

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 12-04-2007, 17:00 UTC

12 Apr 2007

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees
 Present 
  Tobias_Bürger, Christian_Halaschek-Wiener, +Jeff_Pan, Zeljko_Obrenovic, Thomas_Franz, Roberto_Ellero, Melliyal_Annamalai, Erik_Mannens, Vassilis_Tzouvaras, Raphael_Troncy 
 Regrets 
  Pasquale_Popolizio, Giovanni_Tummarello 
 Chair 
  Jeff 
 Scribe 
  mhausenblas 

Contents
 Topics 
  1. ADMIN 
  2. Future of the XG 
  3. LINKS Pages 
  4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable 
  5. Interoperability Deliverable 
   5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff) 
   5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar) 
   5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael) 
   5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens) 
   5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael) 
   5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio) 
   5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia) 
 6. MPEG-7 Deliverable 
 7. AOB 
 Summary of Action Items 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

<chrisa> no, I will participate through IRC

<JeffP> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html

<JeffP> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0037.html

<scribe> ScribeNick: mhausenblas

1. ADMIN
Roll call

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 29th March 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html

<JeffP> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0037.html

<JeffP> more details on the future of XG

<chalaschek> no objections here

Jeff: Any objections w.r.t. extended minutes?

none

minutes accepted

2. Future of the XG
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki after the end of XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16] [DONE]

<JeffP> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0036.html

<vassilis> thnx michael

<JeffP> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/procedures.html#Duration

Michael: Draft charter asap

<rellero_> tx

Jeff: It is possible to extend an XG up to one year

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written request [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11] [CONTINUES]

Erik: I sent the chairs a mail regarding the DIG35 spec
... need a formal written request from W3C

zakim ??P43 is raphael

Raphael: Had a chat with Ivan H. about this issue
... will report on it next time

Erik: Received invitation from James Payton to join X???

Raphael: Erik, would you like to participate in I3A from XG-side?
... I can NOT commit to set up a new charter

Jeff: How and when to organise the workshop

Raphael: I think we should vote on workshop

<raphael> zaim, which makes noise

<ThomasFranz> i here an echo, too

<raphael> Raphael disagree we *shoud* organize a workshop

<raphael> where such decision has been taken? and when?

<raphael> where is the record ?

Vassilis: Shouldn't decide now

Raphael: Propose a formal vote on having a workshop by next telecon

+1

<JeffP> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/charter

Raphael: Strongly adivse to contact the W3C rep to ask how charter should be written

<raphael> +1 to move on

<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter extension [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

3. LINKS Pages
Vocabularies page, see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-vocabularies/ XGR Voc

Michael: Plan to have it reviewable by end of next week
... can Erik please add DIG35 formalisation to Wiki?

Erik: Yes

Resources/Tools page, see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools classifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use cases pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]

Raphael: Now the T&R doc seems ready
... could stay a living doc
... any updates triggered through mailing list - thanx to Zeljko
... great job

4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to mail to the list notification for publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

Raphael: Have to go through pub-rules checker

5. Interoperability Deliverable
5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

Jeff: Had discussion on RDF (cf. mailing list)
... plan to add a summary
... e.g. based on SWBPDWG deliverables

<raphael> +1 but more general to address the fragment identification problem in MM ... see mailling list discussion

Raphael: Support your idea for sec. 3.1
... and add all the various fragment identification possibilities (MPEG-21, etc.)

5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
<scribe> ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
Chris: We make progress
... next week we'll have a stable version for feedback

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/News_Use_Case News UC

Raphael: We show 4 examples

<vassilis> sorry I have to lea because

Raphael: how to reason with it

<scribe> ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
<scribe> ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]

Raphael: Did you see my comments?

Erik: Yes, Now shortly - details on list
... paper is planned

<raphael> great, I'm very enthousiastic !!!

Erik: no time for automatic conversion
... when XG moves on, we plan some more work

Raphael: We can support you, there - will talk offline

Erik: Back to -> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Photo_Use_Case Photo UC

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to contact Susanne regarding converge for a solution for the use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case Tagging UC

Thomas: no news

5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15] [DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)
Review of Susanne Little: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0024.html

Review of Vassilis: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0038.html

Reply from Ioannis/Sofia http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0065.html

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Media_Retrieval_Use_case Semantic Multimedia Retrieval UC

Vassilis: Not sure if second UC is an interop one

Raphael: Due to the fact that the two authors are not here, this should be done via mail

6. MPEG-7 Deliverable
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-mpeg7/ MPEG-7 and the Semantic Web XGR

<scribe> ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

Raphael: We had offline discussions about that
... will have a version by next telecon

7. AOB
<raphael> Jeff ask if people can volunteer to write the new charter

<raphael> Vassilis: yes of course

Michael: I can contribute a bit ;)

Raphael: I will give feedback, for sure, but can not take over lead

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter extension [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael to contact Susanne regarding converge for a solution for the use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written request [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael to mail to the list notification for publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki after the end of XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
[DONE] ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
[DONE] ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools classifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
[DONE] ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use cases pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]





----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
    phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)   
   e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at
      web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/ 

 <private>
   mobile: +43-660-7621761
      web: http://www.sw-app.org/ 
----------------------------------------------------------
Received on Thursday, 12 April 2007 17:20:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT